Our quick prep go-to healthy and hearty meal, double the recipe and freeze in a glass container for another time. This recipe also works best if you have FRESH nutrient dense local or homegrown heirlooms ( more flavor!) so get yourself to the farmers market! You can also make taco salad, just add fresh mixed lettuce with olives, sour cream, sugar free salsa for the dressing, cheese, etc.
Remember, quality organic ingredients will turn this recipe from ordinary to something much more flavorful. Don’t skimp, you will taste the difference!
- 1- 1 1/2 lb wild game, ground
- 1 C bone broth
- 1 TBL Coconut oil or Avocado oil
- 1/2-1 onion, sliced or chopped
- 1-2 Celery stalk, chopped
- 3-5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-2 yellow,orange or red bell peppers
- 1 can black beans
- 2tsp Oregano
- 2tsp Chili Powder
- 2tsp Ground Cumin
- 1tsp Himalayan Salt, celtic or “Real Salt”
- 8 oz fresh tomatoes, chopped or crushed or up to 12 oz sugar free salsa
Other add in Options below for other known chili recipes however I dont use them.
- sm can tomato paste
- Organic white sweet corn
- 2 jalapenos, chopped / 1/4 tsp cayenne or 1/4 tsp hot pepper flakes
- Omit 1/2 c bone broth for quality red wine
- pepper to taste
In large skillet or stock pan melt oil and saute onions, garlic,peppers until translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Add wild game with spices,cook 3-4 minutes, mix in rest of ingredients. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for a minimum of 1 hour for best flavor. If chili has too much liquid for your taste, uncover the last 10 minutes & cook to the consistency of your liking.